Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pasta with Ham and Vegetables

Pasta with Ham and Vegetables
Serves 2 (depending on the amount of leftover veggies)

It is not a surprise I do not like leftovers. I prefer to create and enjoy a new meal every time. Using your leftovers to reinvent a meal is sometimes the way I go about creating something new. Here is a recipe I threw together for lunch.

1/2 box cooked spaghetti
1/2 cooked red onion, which was sliced thin
1/2 c. cooked fresh mushrooms, quartered
1/2 c. cooked fresh asparagus, cut into 1 in. pieces
1/2 c. cooked fresh green beans
2 c. fresh spinach (I put spinach in everything!)
4 slices of black forest deli ham, cut into 1 in. squares (any meat or leftover seafood would work)
2 wedges of laughing cow garlic herb cheese
2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese to top just before serving

So, the night before I prepared the onion, mushrooms, green beans, and asparagus by combining them with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and broiled for 8-10 minutes. Perfect side dish every time. In this pasta dish I used the leftover veggies from the night before.

As for spaghetti, when you cook too much spaghetti for dinner drizzle it with a little love oil and you can freeze it in a Ziploc bag. When you want to serve it again warm in the microwave for 4 minutes. Supper fast and tastes great!

To make the above Pasta and Veggies I warmed a large skillet and drizzled a Tbs. of olive oil. I added all the veggies and ham to the dish and warmed it through. Then I added the laughing cow cheese and 1/4 c. water or chicken broth. Bring to a bubble stirring as it cooks and then remove from the heat. To plate place spaghetti on the plate, top with veggie mixture and top with some Parmesan cheese. Walla new meal with leftovers!


No comments:

Post a Comment